From the composition of the universe to why giraffes have such long necks these are 25 unsolved scientific mysteries that will leave you scratching your head.
Last Updated on
What is the universe made of?
Atoms, the building blocks of everything around us, only account for 5% of the total matter in the universe. The other 95% has come to be called dark matter and dark energy. Apart from giving the mystery matter a name, though, not much is known about it.
Why do we dream?
In spite of spending nearly 1/3 of our lives doing it, we still don’t really have any clue as to why. Some possible explanations may be that it helps with memory and learning.
Why do we even sleep?
Taking things back a bit further, scientists aren’t even clear on why we we actually need to sleep.
Where do we put all the carbon?
Ever since the industrial revolution, we’ve been sending most of the carbon that was hidden beneath the surface of the Earth up into the atmosphere. The question is…how do we put it back?
How do we get more energy from the sun?
Since fossil fuels are a finite source of energy, we will eventually need more and the sun seems to be the most likely candidate. The only question is, how?