Days when you can’t sleep through the night or work productively at home, you start wishing your fan was quieter and more powerful. See, turning your AC up can bore a big hall into your bank account.
Bladeless fans are an invention built around this need–more cooling, less noise, and more energy saving. This review rounds up some of the best bladeless fans that may be worth your money.
- 1 Why bladeless fans are way cooler
- 2 The benefits of a bladeless fan include:
- 3 What to Consider When Buying Bladeless Fan
- 4 Best Bladeless Fans in the Market
- 4.1 2. BedJet V2 Climate Comfort Cooling Fan + Heating Air
- 4.2 3. Dyson Pure Hot Cool Link Air Purifier
- 4.3 4. Turcom AirLight LED Desk Lamp with Bladeless Cooling Fan
- 4.4 5. Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
- 5 The Best Pick
Why bladeless fans are way cooler
The design of the fans is minus visible blades. The aerator sucks air in and out through a hollow-like ring. There is a lot of brilliant physics and thermodynamics stuff that happens inside these fans.
The long and short of it is that they suck air through the base and ‘multiply” it before pushing out through the slits.
Bladeless fans do have tiny fans hidden at the base, working in conjunction with a brushless motor. These fans work on the simple mechanism of sucking in air and pushing it out. The air that comes out has more volume and is much smoother.
Their power consumption is lower than that of conventional fans.
The benefits of a bladeless fan include:
More powerful: The air coming out is multiplied, meaning its volume is doubled. That results in more cooling, perfect for those sweltering days and nights.
Much safer: In conventional fans, you might lose your finger if you inadvertently placed it in the way of the blades. Possible victims here include children. For that reason, many homeowners are switching over to bladeless fans.
Easy cleaning: The hollow tube makes it easy to clean the fan. On the flip side, conventional blowers usually accumulate lots of dust on the blades.
The air is much smoother: The blades in a conventional fan can stop cooler air from reaching you by what is known as buffeting. That doesn’t happen with bladeless fans; nothing interferes with the air that is pushed out.
What to Consider When Buying Bladeless Fan
The first time I bought a bladeless fan, I didn’t give much thought into it. It was an impulse buy having capitulated to a sweet-talking salesperson. The thing blew mind for the first few days, but then the trouble started.
It was as if the bladeless fan was getting louder every day, to a point where I could no longer watch the TV or sleep when it was on. Then the remote control stopped working. Next, its plastic parts popped when I accidentally knocked it over.
I loved the idea of a bladeless fan, especially the energy-saving part. I knew I could find the right match for me, and so I invested the hours into research. I haven’t been disappointed by my recent purchase. Here are the guiding principles I used:
Find a fan with the lowest noise levels
Bladeless fans are less noisy than conventional fans, but they are not totally silent. They use motors and small inbuilt blades that produce a humming sound. When shopping for bladeless fans, check to ensure that this humming is as low as possible.
Sufficient cooling power
Bladeless fans run on different cooling technologies. The cooling ability of the fan depends on the cooling technique and motor power. If you want a fan with higher cooling power, choose the one with a more powerful motor power.
Choose a fan with multiple functionalities
The bladeless fan technology has undergone several upgrades since initiation. Today, most bladeless fans come with air filtering, heating, and lighting functionalities. A fan that performs extra like this will give you more value for money.
User-friendly control interface
The CI of the bladeless fan is where you get to interact with it and customize your settings. Look for a fan that comes with an easy to use CI, ideally, that entails features such as touch buttons or an LCD panel.
An overly complicated CI may prevent you from realizing the fan’s true potential.
Ease of cleaning
All fans get dusty with time. You will need to clean the inner parts to keep your bladeless fan running at peak. Consider a bladeless fan that has easy to remove components for effortless cleaning.
First off, you would do much better with a portable bladeless fan. These are compact and lightweight; you can move them around the house as you wish. Other features to look for include remote control, thermostats, and timers.
Aesthetics matter too
A bladeless fan can either complement your interior décor or play hobs with it. Because these devices are placed in the open where everyone can see, better go with an elegant piece.
There are many ergonomically designed and attractive bladeless fans in the market today; manufacturers haven’t disappointed.
Your intended use
Some fans are designed to be used by the bedside and others on worktables. Similarly, some bladeless fans may be customized to the temperature levels of specific geographical locations. Find a bladeless fan that serves you right.
Best Bladeless Fans in the Market
The Lasko 2551 bladeless fan is a multifunctional piece; it cools the air around and also purifies it. The air filtration is enabled by an EZClick filter that cleans the air as it goes through the fan.
This feature is situated at the base of the fan. This fan could, therefore, help you maintain a clean and healthy environment at home.
The cooling action is similarly exceptional, I think. The fan has four customizable super-quiet speeds. The speed settings could enable you to choose the cooling level you desire. It works by slowing or increasing the motor speed.
There is a mini blower mounted internally near the base where the action happens. On top of that, there are exclusive cooling channels on this fan. These enable an even distribution of cool air throughout the room.
I also like its design. The casing features a sturdy plastic material that is made with durability in mind. There are ergonomic carry handles included to aid in portability. Its overall design is sleek and towering (42.5″ in height), which makes it consume less space.
Another equally desirable feature here, you might find, is the remote control. You won’t have to get out of your chair to adjust the fan speed. You can do that comfortably wherever you are with the wireless remote.
Lasko Wind Curve Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer Pros & Cons
- Ergonomic and space-saving design
- It not only cools but also purifies the air
- It is portable
- Adjustable speed settings
- Remote control
- Plastic parts—this fan might not be durable
- It makes loud humming sounds even at its lowest speed setting
- Sleep better with on-demand cooling, warming and sweat drying comfort right in your bed, works on any size bed or mattress including adjustable beds, simple and easy to use
- Powered ventilation cooling rapidly wicks body heat and moisture out of the bed for awesome cooling relief, great solution for hot sleepers, hot-flashes and night sweats
- Heating mode gives a deep sauna like warmth in just seconds, great therapy for cold feet and cold legs, safer alternative to electric blankets and warms bed 15x faster with air
This fan is designed to be used by the bed. It is supposedly compatible with all bed types, including adjustable mattresses. If it works as expected, you might be able to sleep through the hottest summer nights without any troubles.
The Bedjet V2 fan is programmable. This can be an icky feature if you are looking for simplicity. Even so, it is very convenient, I think. You get to set the right cooling or heating as you want, without having to keep watch with a remote control in hand.
As you might have noticed, this is a multifunctional fan as well. Unlike Lasko 2551, it doesn’t purify, but it warms the air, aside from cooling it. In that case, Bedjet V2 might help you slash down your HVAC energy consumption by massive amounts.
The bladeless fan also features a remote control. You can use it to adjust airflow and cooling/heating levels remotely. This gadget features an LCD that shows all the current settings of the fan.
BedJet V2 Climate Comfort Cooling Fan + Heating Air Pros & Cons
- It has both cooling and heating functionalities
- It has a ‘wake-up” temperature setting that can replace your annoying alarm
- Comes with an oil aromatherapy feature to make your bedroom smell great
- It provides excellent heat therapy for cold feet
- Comes with an android/IOS app that you can install and use it for adjusting settings via Bluetooth
- This is an undercover fan that mightn’t work in open space
- False marketing; the remote control doesn’t work as expected
- The Dyson Pure Hot Cool purifies, heats, and cools you delivering multi functionality, without compromise
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture particles as small as allergens and bacteria.
- CAPTURES: The sealed HEPA filter captures 99; 97 Percent of allergens as small as 0; 3 microns makes this an ideal air purifier for allergies, pets, dust, pollen and mold spores
This bladeless fan, just like the Lasko 2551, also works as an air purifier. It might be an ideal choice if you are looking for multiple functionalities and more value for money. That is because it also heats the air, making it more versatile than all the other units discussed earlier.
The Dyson Pure Hot Cool Link Air Purifier uses a certified HEPA air filter to rid the air of dust, bacteria and other pollutants. This fan might, therefore, be the best investment for people with asthma and allergies.
Like the Bedjet V2 bladeless fan, you can connect this Dyson fan to your smartphone via an Android or IOS app. That will give you real-time remote control over the fan’s workings. Likewise, this fan is Alexa enabled with a voice control feature that makes things even easier.
The Dyson fan’s air multiplier technology enables it to project more than 77 gallons per second of fresh and smooth airflow. It runs on a powerful motor, making it ideal for cooling large spaces.
The heating function can be used for personal or long-range heating. It works with an inbuilt thermostat, helping to raise a room’s temperature in the winter.
Dyson Pure Hot Cool Link Air Purifier Pros & Cons
- It has triple functionalities- cooling, heating, and purification
- It has an App feature and is also compatible with Alexa
- It has a Jet focus capability that might enable you to direct the air where you need it the most
- The fan is certified as safe for use by people with asthma and allergies
- Gets dusty where it sucks in air, it needs constant cleaning
- The fan can get noisy
- The air filtration doesn’t eliminate odors
- BRIGHT NATURAL LIGHT - Super bright LED reading light with 500 Lux of brightness. Light panel with 32 pieces of LED light modules produce eye-pleasing natural daylight at 5500-6500 Kelvin color...
- FEEL THE BREEZE - Patented Turcom TS-7006 features a unique bladeless fan with no noisy spinning blades. You will not find any other LED light with this cooling function. The bladeless fan provides...
- IDEAL FOR READING and OFFICE WORK - Use this eye protective table lamp while reading, working, studying or relaxing. Modern design suitable for use at the office, computer desk, living room, college...
This here is a bladeless fan that also works as a desk light. Turcom AirLight is a small fan that can fit in small spaces. It features bright LED bulbs that might save you extra costs when it comes to work-desk lighting.
The brightness of the LED bulbs is made to be adjustable. According to the product specs, this light is non-flickering and might be useful for reading. The color temperature is similar to that of the natural daylight, around 5600 K. That might help to reduce eye strain.
The fan part is noiseless and provides considerable cooling with a smooth breeze of airflow. There are three adjustable fan speed levels. That means that you can choose a cooling intensity that best fits your environment.
I like the overall design, including the gooseneck stand swivel that enables you to tilt and rotate the light for proper focus as you want. You might also appreciate its aesthetics and smart touch buttons.
Turcom AirLight LED Desk Lamp with Bladeless Cooling Fan Pros & Cons
- Three adjustable speed settings
- Bright and flexible LED lights
- Adjustable swivel
- The fan also has an air filtration functionality
- The lights keep flickering on and off
- The cooling function is not powerful enough
The HY 280 comes with eight adjustable speed settings. You might, therefore, get to customize the cooling to your climatic condition. The airflow power is, however, moderate.
The HY 280 runs much quieter than most of the fans discussed earlier.
The control interface is decent as well—there is a display panel with touch buttons. One feature that you might like here is auto shut-off. That might enable you to save energy when the air doesn’t need cooling.
The HY 280 works with a programmable thermostat for that automated function.
This fan also comes with remote control features. It is lightweight and portable, featuring convenient carry handles. The rest of its design is sleek and attractive, in my opinion.
Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan Pros & Cons
- Eight-speed settings
- Adjustable thermostat
- It has an auto shut-off feature
- The fan is portable
- It has an unstable base—can’t stay balanced
- It is loud at the highest setting
The Best Pick
Dyson Pure Hot Cool Link Air Purifier is the peerless bladeless fan in this review. The fan has three functionalities- cooling, heating, and purification. For that reason, it might give you the biggest bang for the buck.
The air filtration part can rid your space of dust, pollutants, and bacteria. This fan is supposedly certified and recommended for asthmatic and allergic persons.
The cooling function runs on multiplier technology. The air coming out is colder, voluminous, and smoother thanks to its powerful motor. This fan might, therefore, be the best choice for large rooms.
The heating function is aided by an inbuilt programmable thermostat. You can adjust the heating for long-range or short-range or for comfort and energy saving.
The other convenience with this bladeless fan is its remote control features. Better still, you can connect it to your smartphone via an Android or IOS app.
You will not only be able to control your fan settings via Bluetooth remotely, but you will also get real-time reports about the fan’s performance.
These features are what make the Dyson Pure Hot Cool Link Air Purifier a quintessential acquisition for a modern home.
Last Updated on