It’s not every day that the most effective way to workout also turns out to be the jazziest. The mini trampoline gives you that rare opportunity. NASA scientists are behind the trampoline craze, their 1979 discovery having confirmed that rebounding (bouncing on a mini-trampoline) is the most effective exercise man can ever undertake. It is all about the effects of gravity and brief moments of weightlessness on your entire body.
- 1 Benefits of rebounding for fitness
- 2 What to look for when buying a mini trampoline
- 3 Notable Mini Trampoline in the Market
- 3.1 1. Pure Fun Mini Trampoline Pure Fun Trampoline
- 3.2 2. Stamina 36-Inch Folding Trampoline
- 3.3 3. Upper Bounce Mini Foldable Rebounder Fitness Trampoline with Adjustable Handrail
- 3.4 4. JumpSport 220 Fitness Mini Trampoline
- 3.5 5. Half Fold CELLERCISER® Mini Trampoline Rebounder
- 4 The Best Pick
Benefits of rebounding for fitness
Rebounding is ‘the exercise of the future’ for the fact that it can be done anywhere, including in your living room. No expensive gear required, and no gym membership subscription either. You only need a reliable mini-trampoline to stay fit.
The playful nature of rebounding makes it even better. It never gets boring. It is also easy on the joints, making it safer for persons with arthritis or knee/feet injuries. Medic confirms that rebound training helps in:
- Improving oxygen circulation in all of your body’s tissues
- Aiding lymphatic circulation and improving blood flow
- Circulating oxygen to the body’s tissues
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Increasing metabolism and thus reducing the risk of obesity
- Reducing the risk of cancer through improved lymph flow
What to look for when buying a mini trampoline
The endless benefits of rebound training can only be realized with a high quality trampoline. These devices are not made the same, and so intensive research is an essential part of the buying process. It helps to ensure that you get the most value from your investment.
I am a middle-aged woman with a wide range of health issues. Running on the treadmill is out of the question for me because of my muscular problems. That makes trampolining the only exercise I can comfortably do to keep my weight in check.
My first trampoline was very poorly made with springs that were prone to breakage. Besides, it was so noisy that I would go without touching it for days for fear of irritating my neighbors. And the bounce it gave wasn’t challenging enough.
I knew I had to find a better mini trampoline for my weight was adding up fast. After several days of research, I was finally able to buy a better unit. I lost 5 pounds in the first six months, and the device has served me well for the past three years.
Mini trampolines tend to have a smaller weight limit. Before you whip out the credit card, check to ensure that the device can accommodate your weight. Some of these devices are specially designed for kids. However, some can support bodyweights of up to 300 pounds. If you exceed a trampoline’s weight limit, chances are you will be back at the store shopping for a new one in just a few weeks.
Mini trampolines need to be sturdy enough to withstand your weight, and the intensive bouncing you will be doing on them. When shopping, choose a design that is made with sturdy materials. The leg frame should be made of stainless steel or a similar hardy material. For the bouncing bed, Polypropylene is the best material.
It doesn’t make sense to have to call your neighbor to help you set up a mini-trampoline. Yet, there are such trampolines in the market whose assembly and disassembly is so complex it needs to be done by two people. Avoid such. The best units come readily assembled, and taking them down is also a breeze.
The right mini trampoline is easy to store and transport. Choose a model that comes with detachable legs and a frame that is foldable in half. Such devices will save you from headaches when it comes to storage space.
Find out what mechanism is used for rebounding in the device. Some devices use tension springs. These are known to provide a firmer bounce, but they are noisy nonetheless. Tools that use tension bands are preferable; the rebound is stronger, and they are much quieter. Other mini trampolines may use elastic cords whose performance is similar to tension bands.
Notable Mini Trampoline in the Market
- Can help to increase bone density, detoxify the lymphatic system, increase balance and coordination, and strengthen and tone the body’s core muscles
- Many routines are available for mini rebounder trampolines as they are perfect for progressive exercise routines that are gentle on your joints
- Exterior trampoline pad is cushioned and provides an additional barrier to prevent injury in the event of a fall
The Pure Fun mini trampoline is small enough for use in a living room environment. It is, however, slightly larger than most models coming up in the review, giving you a little extra space for rebounding. The jumping space is 40 inches, to be exact.
This gizmo features a stainless steel frame that is fitted with 36 high tension springs. You can, therefore, expect a workout piece that will hold your weight and then some. However, if you weigh more than 250 lbs. this trampoline might not be ideal for you.
One assuring quality with the Pure Fun trampoline is its polypropylene mat. The material is known to have high flexural strength, which might help to turbocharge your exercise. Polypropylene is also one of the safest materials to have in a trampoline because of its high impact strength.
The exterior of the Pure Fun mini trampoline is padded to reduce the risk of injuries, according to the manufacturers. Additionally, its rubber capped legs can achieve a proper balance on any type of floor.
One issue to watch out with the Pure Fun is that the tension springs are prone to breakage. It is a bummer, for you may have to replace the springs twice every month. Also, the whole setup may not be durable enough for intensive daily use.
Pure Fun Mini Trampoline Pure Fun Trampoline Pros & Cons
- The solid steel frame makes it sturdy
- 36 tension springs offer a high rebound and improved support
- The legs are detachable for easy portability and storage
- Rubber capped legs for balance on any type of floor
- Springs are prone to breakage
- Not as durable as advertised
- FUN, STABLE JUMP: Bounce to your heart’s content with the Stamina 36-Inch Folding Trampoline. 30 tension bands provide a safe, quiet, and supportive bounce. The safety pad covers the bands to keep...
- BURN CALORIES AND TONE MUSCLE: Use a rebounder to achieve your desired fitness goals. Working out by rebounding helps burn calories and improves heart health with low impact exercise
- FREE ONLINE WORKOUTS: Get the most out of your trampoline with 3 online workout videos. Videos include an introduction and 2 high-energy routines.
The main highlight of the Stamina 36 inch mini trampoline is its foldable design that takes the hassle out of storage and transportation. The legs are detachable, and you could assemble and disassemble it with your eyes closed.
The trampoline bed is lined with 30 tension bands that are said to be more supportive, bouncier, and quieter than springs.
Just like the Pure Fun mini trampoline, this model has stainless steel frames that make it sturdy and stable. There is also a safety pad covering the bands to minimize the risk of injuries during your workout or play.
If you have to do your cardio at five in the morning without waking up your neighbors, this might be the right mini trampoline for you. One caveat here is that the tension bands become loose too quickly.
The Stamina 36-inch folding mini trampoline is supported by six legs, all of which are easily detachable after your calorie-burning session. The six legs enhance stability with the device.
The Stamina 36 inch mini trampoline can manage 250 pounds, just like Pure Fun. Its legs are rubber-tipped to protect your floors.
Beware though that its 36-inch jumping space falls short of what the Pure Fun mini trampoline has to offer. This is a small and lightweight workout piece (it weighs 14 pounds) that is easier to carry around with you.
Stamina 36-Inch Folding Trampoline Pros & Cons
- Can be assembled or taken down by one person
- It uses tension bands that are bouncier and quieter than springs
- Six legs increase its stability and safety
- A safety band covering the bands minimizes chances of injury
- Smaller bouncing area compared to other models
- Not ideal for persons that weigh over 200 pounds
This mini trampoline changes the game with an adjustable handrail. The latter is a feature that you might find convenient to hold on for support during your fat-blasting routines. The handrail is padded for extra comfort and sturdy grip.
I also like the fact that the handrail is adjustable at five positions, making it convenient for both petite and towering persons. Then again, this mini trampoline has a 6-leg base frame, just like the Stamina 36 inch folding trampoline. That could help clear your doubts when it comes to safety and stability.
Unlike the Stamina 36 inch folding trampoline, this one uses tension springs. The manufacturer asserts that their set-wise connection makes them bouncier. You might also find that its rustproof springs last a little longer than the case with Pure Fun mini-trampoline.
One other important feature here is the vinyl safety pad covering. It helps to protect your feet when working out on the trampoline.
Also, the whole set up is detachable for easy transportation and storage. You might, however, need bigger storage space because of the handrail frame. Then again, the legs and handrails are heavy-duty, making it bulkier than most units in this review.
Upper Bounce Mini Foldable Rebounder Fitness Trampoline with Adjustable Handrail Pros & Cons
- It is detachable and easy to assemble
- The handrail might enhance your workout experience, providing support for a wide range of routines
- You can adjust the height of the bar at 5 positions
- It takes longer to take it apart
- The bar makes it a little bulkier
No assembly required. You can get on it as soon as it is delivered. The other re-assuring quality with this rebounder is a sturdy steel frame that makes for a safe workout platform. The main caveat here is that the device is not foldable or detachable. Portability and storage can, therefore, be problematic.
The JumpSport 220 mini trampoline does not use springs or tension bands. Instead, it uses 30 patented cords dubbed EduroLast -2, which supposedly provide smoother, quieter, and stronger rebounds. These cords are coved by some padding for additional safety.
Another unique feature here is the ‘no-tip arched legs’ which might help with strength and stability when you are on the rebounder. You might also find the frame to be more durable than most; it is sealed and double coated for withstanding rust and corrosion.
The JumpSport 220 mini trampoline has a medium-sized bouncing space. It might be possible to try a variety of cardio routines on the device.
JumpSport 220 Fitness Mini Trampoline Pros & Cons
- The elastic cords provide a springier and quitter bounce
- Arched legs make the device more stable
- Large work out area for a wide range of motions
- Sturdy and durable leg frame
- The elastic cords might not last as long as springs or tension bands
- Doesn’t fold, and thus may not be easy to transport
The Half-Fold CELLERCISER® Mini Trampoline comes across as a safer and durable option. It features all-steel construction with an electroplated finish. For the user, that means that you can stretch the limits of your workout intensity without fear of the device buckling under the pressure.
This trampoline uses 36 high tension springs. These springs have a three-tiered tapered design that makes them stronger than most stainless steel designs. According to the manufacturers, the springs are configured in a way that delivers a higher bounce.
The patented spring design allegedly adjusts to the user’s weight. People that weigh less may experience a too firm kind of bounce with natural springs, while those that consider more might feel like the bounce is too soft.
The three-tiered tapered design is basically about springs having 3 weight modes for 100 pound, 200 pound, and 300-pound individuals. You, therefore, get a high bounce regardless of your weight.
One worrying issue with this mini trampoline is that it is noisy, just as is the case with many other spring trampolines. Your neighbors might end up hating you if you use it in the early mornings. However, you can minimize the noise by keeping the springs well lubricated.
The Half-Fold CELLERCISER® Mini Trampoline is foldable and comes fully assembled. Portability and storage are easy. The legs fold up, and the unit folds in half, occupying minimal storage space.
Half Fold CELLERCISER® Mini Trampoline Rebounder Pros & Cons
- Supports more weight than any other rebounder in the review (300 pounds)
- No assembly needed, easy disassembly
- It is lightweight and compact
- Sturdy and durable
- Nifty spring design yields a custom-fit bounce
- It’s a bit loud and squeaky
- Its side padding is a bit flimsy
The Best Pick
The Stamina 36-Inch Folding Trampoline is the best choice in this selection. Its foldable design makes things easier when it comes to storage and portability. Also, it’s a little easier to assemble and take down compared to most units reviewed.
Stamina 36-inch folding trampoline uses tension bands, besting other units that use springs. Tension bands are quieter and give a stronger bounce.
Its stainless steel frames help with durability and stability. That is further boosted by the six legs that the device uses. Safety is also assured for users—there is a cushioning pad that covers the tension bands.
For its durability, compactness, and stronger and quieter bounce, Stamina 36 inch folding trampoline stands out as the recommendable buy.
Last Updated on