A well-established and reliable company, iPage was founded in 1998 and now has offices in six worldwide locations serving over one million websites.
If you’re looking for an easy way to get started with your first website without breaking the bank, iPage could be the best host for you.
In our iPage review, we tested their shared hosting and took a close look at their:
- Reliability: Will you experience any downtime, or is their hosting always reliable?
- Speed: How fast will your website be if you go with iPage?
- Features: Does iPage offer all the tools you need to build your website?
- Pricing: Are their plans affordable for you, and do they have any deals to save you money?
After putting iPage to the test, we decided to add them to our top 5 list of the best web hosting companies.
We found their hosting to meet all the requirements above, plus they’re offering a great deal for List25 readers.
In this iPage review, let’s take a detailed look at its features. We’ll also help you to figure out if it is the best web host for you, and which plan you should choose.
iPage Coupon Code
Ready to skip to the discount and sign up for iPage hosting now?
We’ve negotiated an exclusive iPage deal for List25 fans.
List25 readers get 81% off hosting with our iPage coupon code.
Also, iPage offers a 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. If you decide to cancel your iPage hosting subscription, you just need to contact iPage hosting support to get a refund.
Just keep in mind, the cost of your domain name registration will be deducted from your refund, since the domain will remain registered to you. This is standard practice for all web hosting companies.
To purchase a hosting account on iPage, all you have to do is click on this link. Your exclusive 81% off discount will be automatically applied.
If you want to know more about iPage first, just read on for our full review.
iPage Hosting Pros and Cons
iPage is a great web host, but they may not be for everyone. Here’s what we like and dislike about iPage hosting.
Here are a few iPage hosting pros we found in our testing:
- Inexpensive hosting: With their introductory offer, iPage is one of the most inexpensive ways to set your website up and running.
- Beginner-friendly: iPage lets you quickly and easily build a website even if you’re a complete beginner to web hosting.
- $500 in extras: With iPage, you get various marketing tools to grow your business, like AdWords and Bing credits, free YP.com listing, and Site Analytics Suite.
- Easy site builder: Your iPage hosting account comes with the Weebly drag and drop builder, which allows you to create a professional looking website with ease, even if you’re a complete beginner. With the builder, all you need to do is to drag and drop site elements onto your web pages to add your desired content. This way, you can easily integrate videos, pictures, maps and more.
Here are a few downsides of iPage that may make you think twice about choosing them for hosting your site:
- No cPanel: iPage doesn’t support cPanel, a popular control panel for Linux based web hosting. Instead, it uses vDeck, which is not as common as cPanel. So, there may be a bit of a learning curve if you’re used to using cPanel at another host.
- No Windows Hosting: iPage lacks Windows based hosting option. If you plan to build a site with ASP.NET framework, iPage is not for you.
iPage Speed Test Results
Speed is one of the most important factors you’ll have to check before choosing a web hosting for your site.
Did you know that just a single second delay can drop your page views by 11%? People are impatient, and they’re likely to leave your site if it’s not fast enough.
If you’re not taking page speed of your site seriously, you’re leaving money on the table.
There are many things that can influence the speed of your website. Amongst them, web hosting is the most important.
In our iPage review, we created a test site to see how fast iPage really is.
Our test site was set up using WordPress, using the default Twenty Seventeen theme and dummy content for theme development, including images.
According to Pingdom’s website speed test, our test site loads in less than 3 seconds for a server in Dallas, Texas. That’s faster than 60% of all tested sites.
We also tested how our iPage hosting server performs during peak load time. In order to test it, we used a tool, LoadImpact, which sent some virtual (VUs) users to our site. They sent 100 virtual users at a time to test how the server would handle it.
Here are the results:
You can see two lines in the chart. The blue line (VUs active) represents the number of virtual users on our site at a given time. The green line (VU load time) represents the time it would take to load the web page for each user.
Surprisingly, you can see that the number of visitors on the site didn’t have any direct impact on loading time. However, you can see a spike in loading time when there were about 50 visitors at once. Then the loading time suddenly dropped even though the visitors on the site were increasing.
This is great for shared hosting. It means that your loading times will stay relatively stable even if you have a traffic spike. This feature is incredibly important in case you have a blog post go viral, get featured in the news, or have any other event that suddenly sends a lot of visitors to your site.
iPage Server Response Time
For many websites, images, scripts, and other content can slow down your site even if you have fast hosting.
Since the content of a page has an impact on the response time, we wanted to test the response time of our server by ignoring the content of a page. This can help us to get a more accurate result.
To do this, we used another testing tool called Bitcatcha. Bitcatcha works quite differently from Pingdom, the other testing tool we used already. It helps you to easily conduct a server response time test around the globe.
Bitcatcha averages the loading speed from eight different global locations: New York, LA, London, Brazil, India, Singapore, Japan and Australia. The speed for each location is measured three separate times, and then the results are averaged.
In the below screenshot, you can find that our iPage test site was rated C+ by Bitcatcha.
In the United States and London, the web hosting server responded in just a fraction of a second.
For all locations except Japan, iPage still responded in under a second. Comparatively, in Japan, it took much longer than usual to load the page.
This shows that iPage is a fast, reliable host in most locations around the world.
The Details on iPage Hosting Plans and Features
While iPage’s target market is shared hosting for entry level websites, they also offer different hosting plans including WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
All iPage hosting plans come with a full suite of features designed to quickly build your site, including an easy drag and drop website builder. You’ll also get $500 worth of extra features, including access to a comprehensive advertising suite to attract plenty of visitors to your new website.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is the perfect plan for website owners who are just starting out. With shared hosting, your website will be sharing server resources with other websites hosted on the same server.
- WordPress hosting: This hosting is almost similar to the shared hosting except that it is optimized specifically for hosting WordPress websites. WordPress is the most popular tool for creating blogs and websites.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: VPS hosting guarantees high performance for your site. Although you’ll have to share resources with other sites hosted on it, if you’re looking for a host that is more powerful and flexible than shared hosting, VPS hosting could be the right solution for you.
- Dedicated hosting: Looking for renting a physical server solely to host your website? Then, you can go with a dedicated hosting server where you’ll not have to share resources with other sites. However, you’ll have to maintain the server by yourselves.
Get Started With iPage Shared Hosting Plans
If you’re looking to create an online presence by creating your first website, we recommend choosing one of their shared hosting plans.
iPage offers three shared hosting plans: Launch, Essential and Superboost. By default, you’ll be prompted to sign up to their Essential plan, which is the most popular.
- Launch: The Launch plan allows you to host only one website. It comes with a free domain and is limited to five email accounts. You’ll also get $500 in marketing credits including Google AdWords and Bing credits to grow your business.
- Essential: The Baby plan lets you host unlimited websites, email boxes and bandwidth. In addition, you’ll get all the features of the Launch plan.
- Superboost: With Superboost, you’ll get all the features of Essential. Plus, you’ll also get access to iPage’s Site Accelerator for super-fast loading speed, and Malware Protection & Removal.
For those who are rolling out their first website, choosing one of the shared hosting plans is the best bet. As your traffic grows, you can always upgrade your account to a plan with more resources.
Support and Customer Service
iPage offers support through phone, live chat, and email tickets 24/7/365. In our iPage review, we found the support team to be fast to respond to support inquiries.
Their online knowledge base consisting of video tutorials and how-to guides will walk you through different aspects of using your iPage web hosting account and building a site.
Bottom Line: Is iPage Right for You?
Now that you’ve read our iPage review, the next thing you need to figure out is whether iPage is the right host for you.
iPage is a hosting company targeting entry-level and budget-conscious website owners.
iPage is the right web host for you if you’re on a tight budget and are looking to build your first website with a low initial cost. They also provide various eCommerce tools that make launching your online store easy.
Ready to get started with iPage? Click here to select your iPage plan today.
List25 readers get an exclusive 81% off discount with our iPage coupon code.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be auto-applied.