Fungal infections, just like bacterial conditions, are contagious. Today, fungal infections have become so rampant and untreatable that scientists predict they could bring the end of all times.
One line of defense that you have against these wicked intruders is an antifungal soap. This review looks at the best antifungal soap in the market with actual power to shield you and your family from fungal infections.
Most of these soaps can also exterminate bacterial breakouts. Read on.
- 1 How to Buy the Best Antifungal Soap
- 2 Best Antifungal Soaps You Can Buy Right Now
- 2.1 1. Defense Soap Antifungal 4oz Soap
- 2.2 2. Ketotosc Antifungal and Antibacterial Soap
- 2.3 3. Organic African Black Soap antifungal soap for yeast infection
- 2.4 4. Solpri Shield Antifungal Soap Bar
- 2.5 5. The Yellow Bird Peppermint & Tea Tree Soap Bar
- 3 The Best Pick
How to Buy the Best Antifungal Soap
I am a thirty-year-old man that has had to deal with face and back acne for many years. I have had a run with many antibacterial/antifungal soaps and creams. Most solutions would turn out to be too harsh for my skin while some ended up worsening my condition. The other problem is that most of my soaps didn’t often last long.
Through research and dedication, I finally was able to find the right antifungal soap my skin. It was the real deal –it could last long, helped me to get rid of the condition and assisted in exfoliation as well. Here are some of the buying criteria I used.
Categories of Fungal Infections
One key consideration when choosing an antifungal soap is the type of fungal infection you wish to use it against. There are many kinds of fungal infections, and not all detergents might be work for all of the infections. Read the product specifications carefully to ensure that you acquire the right soap for your problem.
Fungal acne: This infection is caused by yeast. It resembles bacterial acne, appearing in the form of pimple-like bumps. In most cases, this infection grows worse when you use antibacterial products. This is an itchy condition that can be very uncomfortable.
Athlete’s foot: Also known as foot rot, this infection attacks the feet, especially in between toes. It causes itching and cracking and sometimes an off-putting stench. Like many other fungal infections, this condition is highly contagious.
Jock itch: This is an infection that attacks the area around your groin. It causes tenderness, itching, and a burning sensation. Jock itch is quickly growing resistant to many antifungal creams. In light of that, the only way around it is taking a preventive approach through regular use of antifungal soaps.
Ringworm: This condition mostly affects the scalp, but can also manifest in other parts of the body. It appears in the form of ring-shaped patterns on the skin. Read the label of your antifungal soap to ensure that this is listed.
Remember that antifungal soaps mostly play a protective role. They can help to treat the condition in its early stages too. However, if your health doesn’t improve, consider talking to a doctor.
Choose natural antifungal soaps
Most antifungal soaps in the market use chemical-based ingredients that are a danger to both your skin and the environment. The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has banned some of those harsh ingredients, but most of those soaps are still in the market. It calls on you, therefore, to shop with caution, and to always choose organic products.
The best natural ingredients to have in your antifungal soap include tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, coconut oil, and others. These compounds are gentle on your skin. They can also be a source of nourishment since most of them are packed with essential vitamins that your skin needs
Some antifungal soap brands use a solidifier that also helps with exfoliation. These might include oatmeal, plantain ash, or charcoal. An antifungal soap that helps with exfoliation can be vital in achieving clear, smooth skin.
Most soaps tend to melt underwater and thus last shorter than a few days. Find a detergent that is triple-milled or cold-pressed. Such soaps have an intact form and textural consistency that will prevent them from getting mushy underwater.
Find an antibacterial soap that foams easily, producing a rich lather. Such soaps are also easy to use, and most of them leave the skin feeling smooth and reinvigorated.
Best Antifungal Soaps You Can Buy Right Now
- CLINICALLY PROVEN NATURAL TEA TREE OIL AND EUCALYPTUS OIL provide a broad spectrum of benefits effective at helping wash away bacteria, viruses, and fungus
- PROVEN IN THE WORLD OF CONTACT SPORTS TO EFFICIENTLY REMOVE dirt, grime, gym crud, sweat, smog, allergens, grunge, and built up oils
- HIGHEST QUALITY WASH WITH SUPERIOR RINSING ACTION restores the skin's natural barrier and helps controls the production of sebum and dead skin cells
This 4-ounce bar soap might be worth your consideration for skin revitalization and fungal resistance. It is made with tea tree and eucalyptus oils, which are easily the two most potent natural antifungal ingredients.
Unlike other fungicidal soaps that use chemicals, you can use Defense Soap without worrying about environmental pollution. These ingredients are also gentle on the skin, and therefore much preferable to chemical formulations.
The effectiveness of tea tree oil against ringworm and other manifestations of fungal infections has long been proven by research. Eucalyptus oil also has antiseptic and antifungal properties that can significantly benefit your skin health.
Apart from fighting off fungal infections, the Defense Soap Bar can also help in curing minor bacterial and viral infections of the skin. This soap could be a worthwhile acquisition, especially for fitness enthusiasts who occasionally share gym equipment.
I particularly like that the Defense bar soap is made with oatmeal. This solidifier is useful in exfoliation—helps with dead skin rashes on my elbows and knees. It could be possible, therefore, to get a skin texture of even consistency with this soap.
If you are looking for a bar soap that produces a rich lather, this is potentially it. The soap is triple-milled for longevity and consistency, according to the manufacturers. The texture of this soap could be helpful in the thorough rinsing of grime, sweat, and dirt.
Defense Soap WP Pros
- It’s effective against fungal and bacterial infections
- The oatmeal composition helps with exfoliation
- It lathers well and lasts considerably long
- Doesn’t leave the skin dry
- You might not like the way it smells
Just like the Defense Antifungal Bar Soap, the Ketotosc soap also uses natural antifungal ingredients. What you have here is a possibly potent concoction of Neem Oil, Aloe Vera oil, Cetrimide, and Chamomile extract.
Neem Oil can be a sweet treat for the skin. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties, but that’s not the end of it. The anti-oxides in this plant extract could also help to moisturize the skin.
Just like Neem Oil, Aloe Vera Oil has proven powerful antifungal properties too. This plant extracts also appear to have anti-inflammatory effects. The Ketotosc Soap could, therefore, be the right choice for speedy revitalization after a heavy workout.
On the other hand, the chamomile extract gives the soap its ability to relieve minor skin irritations. If you experience frequent itching, inflammation, or eczema, this soap is a possible remedy.
The Ketotosc Antifungal and Antibacterial soaps are approved by dermatologists as safe for use against dandruff and other skin conditions, according to the manufacturers.
The fact that it mixes several active ingredients could possibly increase its potency in healing and rejuvenation of dry and itchy skin as well.
Unlike the Defense Antifungal soap, however, the Ketotosc soap doesn’t use oatmeal as a solidifier. They use oils and fats as in any other detergent.
Ketotosc WP Pros
- It uses many powerful natural ingredients
- It is safe on the skin and safe on the environment
- It forms a rich lather, making it effective at skin conditioning
- It smells nice
- Doesn’t help with exfoliation
- Seems to melt underwater –its durability is short
- NATURE’S SOLUTION TO ALL SKIN CONDITIONS: We all want flawless skin, but with the dozens of lotions, astringents, gels, soaps, toners & creams that never work it can seem IMPOSSIBLE to achieve...
- ENJOY THE CONFIDENCE OF A BLEMISH FREE COMPLEXION: Due its gentle exfoliating properties, vitamins & minerals, the soft smooth clear skin you deserve is only a mouse click away. Let the unrefined Shea...
- 100% PURE ORGANIC NATURAL INGREDIENTS: This incredible fragrance free solid bath scrub is made by nature, hypoallergenic, & friendly to ALL SKIN TYPES & GENDERS making it also ideal for NEW BORN...
If by the end of your workday, you feel jaded with dry skin, the Organic Africa Black Soap could be a possible refreshing and invigoration solution.
This an antifungal soap that might take care of your minor skin problems caused by contact with bacteria/fungi in your ups and downs. Its composition also makes it ideal for skin conditioning and nourishing.
The Organic African Black Soap contains Cocoa Pod ingredients, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Plantain Skin Ash, Palm Kernel Oil, Natural Vitamin E, sodium, and purified water.
The cocoa ingredients of this soap enhance its ability to deliver a soft glowing skin to the users. Also, because of its palm oil composition, this antifungal soap might be ideal for persons of extra sensitive skin. Palm oil hydrates the skin and reduces irritations such as those caused by eczema. The natural ingredient is also frequently used in anti-aging solutions.
Coconut oil hydrates and nourishes the skin, boosting its collagen production abilities. The Black Africa Back soap could, therefore, help you deal with wrinkles, aside from its antifungal and antibacterial properties. The soap might give you positive results against dandruff athlete’s foot and other similar conditions.
The Plantain Ash used in the soap likely increases its exfoliation properties. The Africa Back Soap can also be beneficial in remedying excessively oily skin problems.
The vitamin E part of the soap is ideal for skin nourishment. The latter is an antioxidant that will also improve your skin’s ability to withstand the harsh UV rays of the sun.
Organic African WP Pros
- The soap uses natural ingredients that are healthy for the skin
- The antifungal formulation is gentle on the surface—you can use this soap on infants and babies as well
- It is suitable for people with sensitive skin
- Can help in exfoliation
- Doesn’t lather well
- Help Wash Away Fungus and Bacteria from the Gym: Lemongrass has been shown to be even more effective than tea tree oil in protecting against common causes of jock's itch, athlete's foot, ringworm and...
- 5 Essential Oil Blend: Lemongrass, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Orange and Lime oil make up a team with a broad range of benefits to effectively clean you after your workout.
- Free of Triclosan, Triclocarban, Sulphates, Parabens, Detergents, Dyes, and Fragrances.
Another antifungal soap that could help you clean thoroughly after the gym or a tiring workday is the Solpri Shield Antifungal Soap Bar. The main ingredient in this soap is Lemongrass. The latter works just like tea tree oil in the Defense Soap to protect against ringworm, jock itch and athlete’s foot among other conditions.
Apart from the therapeutic effect of lemongrass soap against bacterial and fungal infections, it is also helpful in relaxation. This soap produces a calming effect and is mostly used in spas in combination with lavender essential oils.
Another equally powerful ingredient in the Solpri Soap is Eucalyptus Oil. The latter, as seen earlier, has antifungal and antibacterial qualities. Beyond that, this ingredient can boost your natural immunity while its aroma induces feelings of relaxation and rejuvenation. This soap could, therefore, be ideal for rejuvenation after a long day of toiling.
The orange oil part of the soap plays a role in achieving clear, smooth, and radiant skin. This plant extract is also an antiseptic that could have positive effects om your sore muscles after pushing your limits at work or play.
Solpri Shield WP Pros
- No harmful chemicals, the soap only uses essential oil ingredients
- It helps to relieve fungal infections and skin irritations
- Ideal for athletes as an after and before workout protection formula
- It can help to de-grease excessively oily skin
- It smells nice and lathers well
- Might not last long
- It leaves the skin dry
- FEEL ENERGIZED AND REFRESHED with a rich lather from our peppermint soap bar. Includes tea tree essential oil and cajuput essential oil to help eliminate odors and keep your skin clear. Great for all...
- TAKES THE ITCH AWAY. Our tea tree soap contains many organic ingredients that are commonly used to provide antifungal relief for many types of rashes and dry itchy skin conditions.
- DOESN'T DRY AND IRRITATE SENSITIVE SKIN. Our castile soap bar is made with gentle, all natural, vegan ingredients that are ideal for keeping your skin healthy. Chemical free and contains no sulfates,...
The Yellow Bird Soap uses tea tree oil for fighting against fungal and bacterial infections. Its formulation also includes cajuput essential oils that might help to get rid of body odors and keep your skin refreshed for a long time.
According to the manufacturers, this is both a body soap, hand soap, and face soap, and therefore eliminates the hassle of having to acquire many detergents for a single cleansing.
The organic compounds in the soap can also help to relieve itchy skin, including eczema and other blemishes. The vegan ingredients in the soap supposedly keep your skin moist for long, a factor that I would greatly appreciate for my occasional chicken skin outbreak.
The Yellow Bird soap might also be the right choice for people with sensitive skin. If you get a tingly, dry or itchy sensation after washing with chemical-based antifungal soaps in the market, you might appreciate that natural ingredients in this soap are gentle on the skin.
Yellow Bird WP Pros
- It doesn’t contain chemicals, alcohols, and synthetic fragrances
- Its natural ingredients are gentle on the skin
- Keeps the skin moisturized for long
- It lathers well
- Its formula might not be as potent as previously reviewed products
- It melts underwater
- Not easy to rinse off
The Best Pick
The Ketotosc Antifungal and Antibacterial Soap soap stands out as the best choice. Its composition includes tee tree oil which has antifungal and antibacterial properties, eucalyptus oil. The latter is an ingredient with antifungal properties as well, but it also leaves the skin moisturized for long, helps to relieve inflammation and induce relaxation.
The Defense Bar soap ingredients are made to be gentle on the skin, unlike the chemical-packed antifungal soaps in the market. On top of these benefits, the soap uses oatmeal as a solidifier. Oatmeal helps in exfoliation to leave you with clear, glowing skin. It is possible to attain a complete spa experience when you bathe or shower with this soap.
This soap also produces a rich lather that doesn’t leave you with dry skin. It is triple-milled for consistency of texture and longevity. These features make the Defense Soap a worthy ally against fungal and bacterial skin conditions.
Last Updated on