There are some bizarre things found inside people that will blow your mind. We’re not talking about diseases or viruses. We’re talking about larger, more invasive, and more destructive things. For the most part, we do a good job of keeping things outside our bodies that don’t belong there. But sometimes, whether by mistake or some other misfortune, these crazy objects find their way into our bodies. Check out these 25 Disturbingly Bizarre Things Found Inside People.
Dandelion in Ear
In China, a full grown dandelion was found by doctors in the ear of an 18-month old girl. It had grown to 2 centimeters and completely filled the canal wall.
Worm in Eye
John Matthew from Cedar Rapids, Iowa was going blind. When he went to see the doctors, they discovered he had a raccoon worm in his eye which was eating the retina. As the doctors tried to kill it with a laser, Matthew’s said he could see the worm wiggling away from it, trying to survive. Luckily, he caught it in time. If left unchecked, the worm could have eventually killed him.
Spider in Stomach
While on holiday in Bali, a spider burrowed its way through an appendix scar on Dylan Maxwell’s stomach and traveled up his torso from his navel to his chest, creating a long red line in the process. The tropical stowaway lived inside Mr. Maxwell for a period of three days before doctors in Australia finally had it removed. “Haven’t felt so violated in my life before! Just glad it’s all over,” Maxwell said.
Maggots in Scalp
A summer trip to Belize had some frightening consequences for a Colorado man. After several bumps appeared on his scalp, Aaron Dallas went to the doctor to have them checked out. He said when he touched the bumps, he could feel them moving but thought it was just blood pumping. He couldn’t have been more wrong. Doctors found that these bumps were actually botfly maggots, five of them to be exact.
Maggots in Ear
Speaking of maggots, doctors in Kazakhstan found something extremely disturbing in a boy’s ear. The boy went to the doctors complaining of an earache, but when a doctor looked inside, he found live maggots. Twelve, one centimeter long blow fly maggots were removed and placed in a metal pan. If left untreated, the flesh eating maggots could have traveled to his brain and killed him. As disturbing as this is, Aida Adbybekova, deputy director of the Kazakhstan Scientific Researching Veterinarian Institute, said the case was not unique. Meaning this happens often. YIKES!