Banana sandwiches, fries with milkshake, pickles with peanut butter. Some people have unusual eating habits and appetites. But after you read today´s post, you will consider these little deviations absolutely acceptable. Check out these Bizarre Things Found In A Human Stomach (which would probably make even the most experienced surgeons, cringe).
A man went to a Chinese hospital complaining of abdominal pain. What doctors found was shocking and quite embarrassing for the poor fellow. Apparently, a bottle was the cause of the the abdominal pain which had surgically removed.
Margaret Daalman from the Netherlands went to the hospital with a stomach ache. Surgeons in Rotterdam hospital sent her for an X-ray and were shocked when the picture showed 78 different items of cutlery in the 52-year-old woman’s stomach. Thankfully, she only ate spoons and forks, no knives.
There are several cases of children eating batteries every year. In December 2013, for example, a 13-month old boy from Leicester, England, died from internal bleeding after swallowing a battery he found at his nursery school.
Yang Dingcai from southeast China says 40 years of swallowing live frogs and rats has helped him avoid intestinal issues and made him strong.
Chinese carpenter Li Xiangyang was holding a nail between his teeth when he suddenly coughed and swallowed it. He was taken to a hospital where doctors x-rayed him and found the nail was in his right lung. Professor Hu Ke attempted to remove it by feeding a bronchoscope down his throat. But, just as he was on the verge of pulling the nail out, Li coughed again and sucked it right back. This time it ended up in his left lung. Hu tried again but, at the last minute, Li involuntarily swallowed and the nail disappeared again. Eventually, doctors located the nail and were finally able to remove it with a gastroscope clamp.
Lists Going Viral Right Now
An X-ray showed a hand grenade in a terrorist´s stomach. Apparently he didn’t think his plan through very well because he had no way of actually detonating the grenade.
A 33-year-old woman attempted to use a spoon to remove a fish bone lodged in her larynx. She accidentally swallowed the spoon and had to be taken to the operating room to have it surgically removed.
A four-year-old girl from the city of Thane, India, swallowed a live bullet at Lokmanya Nagar. The girl was playing in the vicinity when she found the bullet lying on the ground. Presuming it to be a chocolate, she picked it up and put it in her mouth. The girl was admitted to a hospital where doctors successfully managed to get the lead material out without a surgery
A Nigerian, caught at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Malaysia, was taken to a hospital where an X-ray showed the presence of a foreign lump inside his stomach. The lump was later found to consist of 54 capsules of methamphetamine.
A man from China admitted himself to a hospital after reportedly getting a live eel stuck inside him. The man inserted the 20-inch-long Asian swamp eel into his anus after seeing it done in a porno and had to endure an all-night surgery to have it extracted. Medical team members reportedly said the eel, which was “simply trying to find its way out,” was alive when removed but died shortly thereafter.
Kaitlin Whipple’s swallowed the engagement ring that her boyfriend Reed Harris placed in her frosty. After Kaitlin swallowed it, she was incredulous and didn’t believe her boyfriend’s claim that he had planted a ring in her frosty. Reed had to take her for an x-ray to prove it.
Kong Lin, 27, had borrowed a four-inch long pair of nail scissors as a toothpick after a meal. But as one of his friends told a joke, Kong laughed – and promptly swallowed the scissors.
Michel Lotito is a French entertainer, famous as the consumer of undigestables, and is known as Monsieur Mangetout (Mister Eat-it-all). For his performance, Lotito consumes metal, glass, rubber and other materials in items such as bicycles, televisions, or even a plane (a Cessna 150 to be exact). The aircraft took roughly two years to be ‘eaten’. Lotito does not often suffer from ill-effects due to his diet, even after the consumption of materials usually considered poisonous. He apparently possesses a stomach and intestine with walls of twice the expected thickness, and his digestive acids are, allegedly, unusually powerful.
Taken in a prison in San Salvador, this surprising X-ray shows just how much some people are willing to endure in order to stay connected.
A 62-year-old man with a history of psychiatric issues, went to the emergency room in 2002 suffering from stomach pains. Doctors were shocked when they discovered the reason for the patient’s soreness – his belly contained around 350 coins ($650 worth) along with assorted necklaces and needles. It was so heavy it had forced his stomach down between his hips.
A 76-year-old woman visited a gastrointestinal specialist for stomach-related problems, including weight loss and diarrhea. An X-ray showed a pen lodged in the woman’s stomach. When removed, the pen that had been stuck in there for 25 years, was actually still usable.
X-rays from Central Prison in Raleigh, North Carolina, showed items such as bed springs that prisoners swallowed to gain trips to outside hospitals.
Sanju Bhagat from India was often ridiculed for his abnormally large stomach. One night, he was rushed to the hospital with shortness of breath and severe pain. When the doctors attempted to remove what they assumed was a tumor, they were shocked to find a partially formed human fetus.
An 18-year-old computer design student swallowed a two-inch key at a party to stop his friends from taking him home after they decided he had had enough to drink. Doctors sent him home, telling him to let nature take its course, and the key emerged 31 hours later.
In 2006, a girl from Foshan, China, swallowed more than 20 cobblestones in a moment of anger after a big quarrel with her boyfriend. Initially, she thought the stones would be flushed out, unfortunately they didn’t and remained in her body for the next few days.
When 8-year-old Haley Lents from Huntingburg, Indiana, found shiny metallic objects laying around the house she naturally assumed them to be candy. Before long her intestines were filled with magnets and she had to be taken to the hospital to keep them from clumping up inside her.
When doctors in Pakistan removed the light bulb from a prisoner´s large intestine, he had no explanation for this extremely unusual finding and seemed just as baffled as everyone else.
57-year-old Daryoush Mazarei experienced severe pain after an intensive operation. Although in chronic discomfort and pain, Mazarei was told repeatedly that nothing was physically wrong with him. When Mazarei’s doctors finally gave him a CT scan, they saw a large object located in his abdomen. After reopening the patient’s abdominal cavity, the surgeons found a set of retractors that had been accidentally left inside the man during the last surgery.
Unidentified 18-year-old woman from New England, USA, went to the hospital with stomach pains and a 40-pound weight loss. In her abdomen, doctors found a huge hairball that was taking up nearly her entire stomach. The patient said that she has a habit of eating her own hair. She had to undergo a traditional surgery to make sure the entire hairball was removed.
Lee Gardner, 40, accidentally swallowed a 9-inch-long fork. He was told by the doctors it would pass through his system naturally but it did not. After 10 years, he started vomiting blood and having terrible stomach cramps. He underwent an operation to remove the fork in Barnsley, England and made a full recovery.
If you think these Bizarre things found in a human stomach are weird, you should check out 25 Most Outrageous Feats Done With The Human Body.